1 pkg gluten free cake mix
1 box gluten free graham crackers
1 jar fluff
1bar of dark chocolate
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 package trader joes dark chocolate peanut butter cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix cake mix per package directions.
3. In a separate bowl, finely crush half the box of gluten free graham crackers.
4. Combine crushed Graham’s and coconut oil until Graham’s are of a thick consistency.
5. Place cupcake sleeves into cupcake pan and add a small amount of graham mixture to the bottom of each cupcake.
6. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and add cake mix. Drop one peanut butter cup to the middle of each.
8. Bake per instructions on cake mix.
9. Once baked, remove and let cool.
10. Once cooled use fluff as icing (warning, eventually this will melt off each cupcake but not immediately, refrigerating should help!)
11. Add a half graham to the top of each iced cupcake. With a grater. Grate dark chocolate onto each cupcake.
12. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
The Cheat of this weeks is a visit to Tu Lu’s Gluten Free Bakery!
2 Package Oreos (1 Dbl Stuff, 1 Reg) or Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Joe Joe’s
Hershey Syrup (Milk or Dark)
2 Half Gallons of Ice Cream/FroYo of your Choice
10″ Spring Form Pan
- Crush cookies in a gallon sized sealed zip lock bag, a few at a time, until cookies are fine, enough to create crust. Place cookies in bottom of spring form pan and mash into pan to create a firm crust, crush as many cookies as needed to create a firm base layer. Add Hershey’s syrup to your liking to help crust to stick and add texture.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, while first half gallon is melting.
- Now that your first half gallon has melted, you can spread on top of frozen cookie crust base layer.
- Freeze cake for 30 minutes, while crushing more cookies for middle layer.
- Remove cake from freezer and add cookies to create a middle crust, add Hershey’s syrup over cookies to help solidify crust.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, while second half gallon is melting.
- Remove from freezer and top with remaining melted half gallon. Smooth top layer of cake and freeze over night before writing on cake/serving.
This week’s cheat was brought to you by our guest, Christina Vircillo:
Compliments of Jénel Stevens – Fresh made Spinach Artichoke Pizza (It’s all about portion size):
Take a small whole wheat pita (or flatbread) top it with ricotta cheese, add fresh spinach and some artichoke (you can buy this in the can but make sure it’s just artichoke in water). Top with truffle olive oil & a little truffle salt (it will work fine with regular olive oil and a little salt but the truffle will add much more flavor). Feel free to add any toppings if u don’t like spinach or artichoke. Bake it at 375 for 15 min. Yummy!
Lisa and I made a similar pizza with Italian turkey sausage and posted a photo on our FourC Facebook back in January, we can vouch that this is an amazing cheat!
This week’s cheat was Summer BBQ appropriate – S’Mores are our absolute favorite! Try them with Gluten Free Graham crackers, giant campfire marshmallows and dark chocolate for an amazing indulgence! Added tip, they are to die for with Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!